Manual on tackling Euroscepticism and teaching European values through Art
Within our project which is geared towards countering Euroscepticism, we developed a Manual on tackling Euroscepticism through Art. The Manual emphasizes the transformative power of arts included in education in youth empowerment. It presents art as a medium for engaging youth in creative processes, extended beyond the boundaries of traditional academic environments.
Aim: deliver the European message in a more accessible way to young people
Focus: youth participation to democratic and community life
Outlined in the Manual are the significant roles that arts education can play in:
- Empowering young individuals from marginalized areas to become active citizens, countering feelings of vulnerability that may lead to Euroscepticism.
- Harnessing the power of arts for the empowerment of individuals providing a counter-narrative to eurosceptic views through positive community-based action.
- The transformation of neglected spaces within communities can become symbols of European unity and shared cultural heritage.
- Identifying opportunities for youth engagement and development in a post-pandemic landscape, thus strengthening the European project at a local level.
- Facilitating participation in non-formal activities about Europe can foster a stronger European identity and counter eurosceptic sentiments.
The Manual collects 15 innovative art activities – related to painting, handcrafting, tailoring, photography and theatre. The activities can be adapted and applicated to different contexts, helping youth workers to approach European topic and tackle Euroscepticism.
The Manual is available for DOWNLOAD in English and the project consortium national languages (French, Romanian, Italian, Slovak):
Evaluation of the Manual
We congratulate you for using the Manual of art practices. Your feedback is precious to appreciate the result we achieved and improve our future work. Please take few minutes to fill in the feedback form – https://forms.gle/dD5uN7kJFfP7adKj7
*The Manual is available in open source and free to be used as educational resource.
Tags: #ABF #ARTforEU #beyoueurope #erasmusplus #EUforYOUth #euroscepticism #terraditutti #unifi #youthworkers #yysk